The Chew: New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist
The popular and attractive goalie from the New York Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist joined The Chew crew in the kitchen. Lundqvist is a proud father of a 14-month-old daughter, but he is more suited to eating than cooking in the kitchen. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t pick up a few new skills. Mario Batali taught him how to make this Acorn Squash Ravioli Recipe.
Lundqvist and his family spend two months of the year in Sweden, where he said it’s a lot easier to cook at home. While in New York, they are more apt to order in or dine out.
You could also use butternut squash or even sweet potatoes instead of acorn squash in this recipe. But Mario said ravioli filling should ooze like a sauce, rather than having a firm cheesecake consistency.
The Chew: Mario Batali Acorn Squash Ravioli Recipe Ingredients
- 1 medium Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 recipe Pasta Dough
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Sugo Finto Ingredients
- 2 cloves peeled Garlic
- 1 chopped stalk Celery
- 1 chopped Carrot
- 1 peeled, quartered Onion
- Tomato Paste
- Olive Oil
Mario Batali: The Chew Acorn Squash Ravioli Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut squash in half. Remove seeds and puncture flesh with a fork in a few places.
- Place in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over squash and roast 40-60 minutes.
- Let cool before scooping squash into a bowl.
- Add olive oil, cheese, nutmeg, vinegar, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Divide pasta dough into four portions.
- Lay pasta on a work surface and cut a dozen 2” x 4” rectangles.
- Place a teaspoon of filling on each rectangle and fold to make a square.
- Seal edges; brush with water if needed.
- Repeat steps with remaining pasta.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop ravioli and cook until it floats, which should take two to three minutes.
- For the sugo finto, pulse garlic, celery, carrots, and onion in a food processor until smooth.
- In a saute pan on medium high, heat olive oil and add in vegetable puree. Cook for three minutes.
- Mix in tomato paste and cook 10 minutes.
- Add ravioli and loosen sauce with pasta water to create your preferred consistency.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.