The Chew: Carla Hall’s Brownie Ice Cream Dippers
Carla Hall took an old favorite, the chocolate sundae, and decided to give it her own special twist. She said she loved chocolate sundaes and that dessert was her favorite part of the meal.
She called them her brownie fingers, or her brownie ice cream dippers.
Michael Symon said he felt dirty by this dish and Daphne Oz said she had to walk away, because she couldn’t stop eating it.
The Chew: Ice Cream Dippers Ingredients
For Carla Hall’s Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 6 ounces Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate (chopped into small bits)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the The Chew’s Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
For the Cherry Sauce:
- 2 cups Frozen Cherries (thawed)
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
For Carla Hall’s Ice Cream Dipper Brownies:
- 8 ounces Butter
- 8 ounces Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Ice Cream
The Chew: Carla Hall’s Brownie Ice Cream Dippers Directions:
- In a small pan, bring corn syrup and heavy cream to a simmer. Stir in chocolate until mixture is smooth, than remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Heat sugar in a different pan over medium heat. When the sugar begins to melt, stir with spoon. As soon as the sugar starts to bubble, stop stirring.
- When the sugar is dark amber in color, add the butter. Whisk or stir until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Add sour cream slowly and whisk until smooth. Let cool for a couple minutes before putting this caramel mixture into a jar.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease pan with butter, line with parchment paper and grease with even more butter.
- Melt butter and chocolate mixture together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, salt, sugars and vanilla. Mix this mixture with chocolate mixture.
- Add flour. Stir until the mixtures are combined into one.
- Spread mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the brownies are done, cut into 16 brown rectangles.
- Press ice cream onto a rectangle and add another rectangle on top. Repeat.
- Enjoy Carla Hall’s Brownie Ice Cream Dippers!