The Chew: Gabby Douglas
If anyone knows about stress, it is an Olympic medalist. Gold medal winner Gabby Douglas was a guest on The Chew to help Carla Hall make something stress-free and sweet: homemade mango frozen yogurt.
The Chew: Gabby Douglas Egg McMuffin
What does Gabby like to eat when she is not training? She said she has been learning the basics of cooking from her brother, John. “He’s like a chef in our house,” she said. “He should have his own cooking show.”
Douglas admitted to having a McDonald’s Egg McMuffin after winning her gold medal. She said the food in the Olympic Village was fantastic, and there was something for everyone to enjoy from around the world.
She said she has been working on her gymnastics skills from a young age.
The Chew: Gabby Douglas Yopa Yogurt Review
Gabby has an endorsement deal with Yoga Yogurt, which is the reason she was on The Chew to make Mango Frozen Yogurt. Carla Hall helped her make an easy recipe that you can blend up at home.
She explained that she takes Yopa Yogurt with her on the go, because it comes with a variety of toppings to keep her from getting bored eating the same thing.
You can substitute another fruit in this recipe instead of mango, but Carla said to stay away from fruits with high water content.
The Chew: Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups Yopa Greek Yogurt
- 3 Mangos (frozen)
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Sliced Strawberries (optional topping)
- Chocolate Chips (optional topping)
- 6 Cake Cones (optional for serving)
The Chew: Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe Directions
- In a blender, combine honey with yogurt, milk, and salt until smooth.
- Move mixture to a freezer-safe, sealable plastic bag.
- Freeze for up to three hours, massaging every 30 minutes to encourage even freezing.
- Once the yogurt is thick like soft-serve or fro-yo, remove from freezer.
- Cut a corner tip off the bag and pipe the yogurt into cones (or bowls).
- Top with strawberries, chocolate chips, or other favorite toppings.