The Chew + Carla Hall: How To Pack A Picnic Basket
Who goes on a picnic anymore? I think more of us would like to go, but it seems so complicated. Carla Hall shared some smart ideas to help you pack the perfect picnic basket, so now you have no excuse! Keep reading to get Mario & Michael’s M&M Blondie Recipe from this episode.
Cold Food Vs Room Temperature Food
Decide between cold food or room temperature food. Hot foods could potentially reach unsafe temperatures, so it’s best to stick with the first two options.
Use Mason Jars
Portion salad in mason jars, putting dressing at the bottom. It keeps the lettuce from getting soggy, and you can shake it up before serving.
Use A Bright Table Runner
Choose a bold table runner to create a classy picnic table setting and also help your friends find your picnic spot.
Biodegradable Bamboo Utensils
Find biodegradable plates and flatware, such as those made of bamboo.
Freeze Drinks & Place Them On Top
Choose drinks or water in containers you can freeze! That way they can do double duty as ice packs on top of the basket.
The Chew: Mario & Michael’s Chocolate Factory
The Chew is on a Blondie kick lately, and the dessert trend continued with a recipe for M&M Blondies.
The Chew: Michael Symon M&M Blondies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 8 tbsp melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup M&Ms
Michael Symon: The Chew M&M Blondies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish using nonstick spray.
- Use a mixer to beat brown sugar with eggs for about two minutes. It should come out fluffy.
- Mix in butter and vanilla, just enough to combine.
- Separately, whisk baking soda with flour and salt.
- Fold this baking soda mix into the butter/sugar bowl and mix together.
- Stir in half the M&Ms.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish and level it so the top is smooth.
- Sprinkle the rest of the M&Ms on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
The Chew: Espresso Topping Sauce
Combine sweetened condensed milk with a shot of espresso (use decaf if you’re serving kids). Just whisk it together to form a glaze sauce. Serve the blondies with sauce and vanilla ice cream.