The Chew: Gwyneth Paltrow Braised Chicken Recipe
Is there anything Gwyneth Paltrow can’t do? No, according to Gwyneth Paltrow. The cookbook author of It’s All Good was a guest on The Chew to make her Braised Chicken Recipe.
The Chew: It’s All Good Review & Kids Recipes
It’s All Good includes a chapter Paltrow put together for her kids, Apple and Moses.
“What I’ve found is that kids love anything they can dip, anything they can assemble themselves, or anything that comes on a stick,” she said.
You can find her kid-friendly recipes and much more in the new cookbook.
The Chew: Iron Man 3 Review
In case you forgot that she is an actress, Gwyneth Paltrow is back at the movies in Iron Man 3, opening May 3 2013. She will be donning the suit in this sequel, which she said was a lot of fun. It was filmed in North Carolina and Miami, and Paltrow did her own stunts.
The Chew Braised Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 Chicken, cut
- 3 Shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 10 Green Olives
- 1 sprig Thyme leaves
- 1 Lemon (for juice)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Gwyneth Paltrow Braised Chicken Recipe Directions
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on high.
- Place chicken skin side down and brown for about five minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for four to five minutes.
- Remove chicken and let rest.
- Lower heat to medium. Stir in shallots, cooking until soft.
- Deglaze the pan with a little bit of chicken stock.
- Add remaining stock and return the chicken, skin side up.
- Scatter garlic, thyme leaves, and olives in with the chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to its absolute lowest level.
- Cover and cook for about an hour, until chicken is tender.
- Remove cover and raise heat. Bring to a boil and reduce sauce to a gravy texture.
- Serve hot with polenta, fresh bread, or another favorite side dish.