The Chew: Guy Fieri Shows Us Some Cocktails For Memorial Day
Guy Fieri was on the show all day today showing us how to make a good grilled lamb sandwich, why we should read his new Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives book, and he capped it off by giving us something to refresh ourselves while getting a bit of a buzz with his briar patch mojito recipe, his pina colada no. 9 recipe, and his big island punch recipe. Memorial Day weekend just got that much sweeter.
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Briar Patch Mojito Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces Simple Syrup
- 10-15 torn fresh Mint Leaves
- 6 slices Lime
- 3 small sprigs fresh Thyme (leaves finely chopped)
- 12 Blackberries
- 4 1/2 ounces Citrus Rum
- 1 1/2 cups Club Soda
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Briar Patch Mojito Directions
- Muddle sugar syrup, mint, lime, thyme leaves, and blackberry in the bottom of a large pitcher with a large wooden spoon.
- Alter the amount of simple syrup depending on how sweet you like your cocktail.
- Add ice to pitcher.
- Add in the Bacardi Limon.
- If you want to substitute another type alcohol for the elderflower liqueur, then add a little fruit juice to keep it sweet.
- Stir well, about 20 seconds.
- Add club soda to finish.
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Pina Colada No. 9 Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces Spiced Rum
- 1/2 ounce Coconut Rum
- 1 ounce Creme of Coconut (mixed well)
- 1 1/2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 3 to 4 pieces fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 ounce Guava; Mango; or Papaya Juice
- fresh Pineapple wedges (for garnish)
- Melon Liqueur (to float)
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Pina Colada No. 9 Directions
- Shake with ice (or blend with ice in a high speed blender until creamy).
- Should be more a yellow color rather the white, add more pineapple till gets to yellow.
- Pour shaken mixture and ice into glass.
- Splash a floater of melon liqueur on top.
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Big Island Punch Recipe
- 2 ounces White Rum
- 1/2 ounces Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce fresh Lime Juice
- 1 ounce Mango Juice or Nectar
- Float Spiced Rum
- 1/4 ounce Grenadine
- Lime wheels to garnish
- Orange wheels to garnish
- fresh Pineapple wedges to garnish
- Apple slices to garnish
- Grapes to garnish
- Honey Dew Melon to garnish
The Chew: Guy Fieri’s Big Island Punch Driections
- To construct the punch, In a shaker, combine the spirits and juices.
- Shake well, and then pour over ice in a tall island-style glass.
- Float the spiced rum and grenadine on top.
- Garnish with the lime and orange wheels and the pineapple wedge and other fruits.