The Chew: Easy Pizza Crust & Supreme Pizza Dippers
On The Chew, Daphne Oz took the healthy route as usual with her Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust Recipe and Clinton Kelly showed us his Supreme Pizza Dippers recipe.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Supreme Pizza Dippers Recipe Ingredients
- 2 pounds Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Anchovies to serve (optional)
For the Fillings:
- 1/2 pound Hot Italian Sausage (casing removed)
- 16 miniature Meatballs (your favorite meatball recipe)
- 1/2 pound sliced Pepperoni (chopped)
- 1/3 cup diced Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Supreme Pizza Dippers Recipe Directions
- Place a 10-inch cast iron pan in an oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese with the oregano, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
For the Fillings:
- In a medium saute pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium.
- Add the sausage and cook until crispy, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan and saute for 2 minutes just to soften.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan with the sausage drippings remaining, add the meatballs and cook on all sides until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Toss the filling ingredients plus shredded mozzarella together to combine.
- On a lightly flour surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Use a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut circles out of the dough.
- Place a small amount of filling into the center of each circle.
- Once all the dough circles are topped with filling begin to pinch the edges of each circle together to form filled balls of dough.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the balls seam side down into the pan.
- Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese, anchovies and warm marinara sauce for dipping.