The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Ginger Orange Chicken Recipe
This episode featured Picture Perfect Meals, and The Chew’s Clinton Kelly shared this dish, featuring coconut rice with a Ginger Orange Chicken Recipe. He said it only has a few ingredients and is perfect for weeknight cooking when you are short on time.
Apparently, Clinton Kelly recently got a fun new haircut, but he did not show us how to steal his look while he was cooking. Coconut rice, which is served with these chicken thighs, is a favorite among The Chew family members.
Clinton Kelly’s Ginger Orange Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1” piece grated Ginger
- 6 Chicken Thighs (bone-in)
- 1 1/2 cups Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Wine
- Toasted Peanuts
- 2 cups White Rice
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 13.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut
- 3 Scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
The Chew: Ginger Orange Chicken Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Season chicken using salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine marmalade with ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven on medium high.
- Place chicken with skin side down, searing for a few minutes, until crisp.
- Flip thighs and add marmalade mix to skin side of chicken.
- Pour wine, orange juice, and brown sugar over the chicken. Stir to dissolve. Remove excess liquid if necessary, to avoid submerging the chicken fully.
- Place pot in oven and cook about 40 minutes. Chicken should be caramelized and reach 165 F.
- Remove chicken from oven and cool.
- Take chicken out of pot. Reduce sauce on medium heat, to preferred consistency.
- Garnish with peanuts and scallions.
- Prepare rice with water, coconut milk, and a dash of salt.
- Soak raisins for five minutes in water.
- Bring to a boil on high; then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes, until milk and water have absorbed.
- Let stand up to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Mix in coconut, scallions, peanuts, and raisins.
The Chew: Restaurant-Style Food Presentation
If you want to create restaurant-style plating techniques, you are in luck. Clinton Kelly explained how you can make a beautiful presentation by serving his Ginger Orange Chicken over orange slices. Using colored plates or bowls can help add color to a dish such as rice.
Use a rice mold, a small bowl, or a measuring cup to create a perfectly portioned and attractive serving of your side dish, such as rice. Smear a bit of sauce on a plate to create a restaurant-style look.
Before serving, be sure to use a clean cloth to dab up any drips of sauce. Add garnishes neatly to complete your presentation and create a fine dining feel for an everyday meal.