The Chew: Steak & Eggs with Hash Brown Waffles Recipe
Why not combine all the popular favorite breakfast foods into one delicious dish? That is what Clinton Kelly has done for The Chew’s Dish of the Day. He made Steak & Eggs with Hash Brown Waffles, and now you can too.
This sounds like a great way to make everyone happy at breakfast, even if they want different things from the menu. Here is how they did it on The Chew. Daphne Oz said you should never salt eggs before cooking, because it draws the water out of them.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Hash Brown Waffles Ingredients
- 1 cup Onion
- 5 large Potatoes
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 9 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 16 oz Strip Steak
- 3 tbsp Flour
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Steak and Eggs Recipe with Hash Brown Waffles Directions
- Turn on your waffle iron, with the heat to about 75-80%.
- Peel and shred your potatoes. Season them with salt and let them sit. Mix in grated onions and use a towel to wring out moisture.
- Put combination in a bowl with eggs and sour cream. Add pepper.
- Use melted butter to prepare the waffle maker.
- Spread the potato mix over the waffle iron.
- Cook until crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season an iron skillet.
- Add steak, cooking without oil for about five minutes.
- Once caramelized, flip and cook on the other side to desired doneness, about five more minutes.
- In a medium size pan, melt a few tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper, mixing up the eggs.
- Remove from pan just before they are fully cooked.
- To make cheese sauce, melt three tbsp butter on medium high heat in a sauce pan. Cook for a few minutes, stirring.
- Whisk in milk and add salt and pepper with cayenne.
- Stir and cook about 10 minutes; mixture should thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Slice your steak into pieces.
- Cut up the hash brown waffles to desired size.
- Plate steak on top of waffles with scrambled eggs.
- Serve with cheese sauce and chives.