The Chew: Have The Kids In The Kitchen With You On Mother’s Day
If dad wants to give mom breakfast in bed and recruit the kids to help him out with it, Daphne Oz’s kid-friendly croissant recipe is exactly the thing you are looking for. After watching this segment, the simplicity really is astounding. I’m pretty sure that I could even make this. Though it won’t win any awards for healthiness, what mother goes into Mother’s Day thinking of what health-conscious decisions they can make that day, anyways? Enjoy!
The Chew: Daphne Oz’s Kid-Friendly Croissant Recipe
- 1/2 package Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Almond Paste
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 Egg (whisked with 2 tablespoons water)
- Confectioners Sugar (to dust)
The Chew: Daphne Oz’s Kid-Friendly Croissants Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently lay puff pastry out on flat surface (don’t take the pastry out of the freezer too long before cooking)
- Cut into three equal rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into 2 triangles by cutting diagonally lengthwise.
- Place about a teaspoon of chocolate and almond paste in the center of the large end of the triangle pieces.
- Loosely roll towards the small end – roll from the widest part to the narrowest part of the triangle.
- Pinch the ends and bring them in to almost touch.
- Place on the baking sheet, brush with the egg wash, bend it like a rainbow, and sprinkle with a few almond slices.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.