The Chew: Daphne Oz’s Fudgy Brownies
On The Chew, Daphna Oz showed us her fudgy bronies recipe, which of course had a few healthy options thrown in like low-carb almonds and Teff flour, a gluten-free free option to traditional flour.
The Chew: Daphne Oz’s Fudgy Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Safflower Oil (or other vegetable oil for non diabetic recipes)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Chocolate (chopped)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1/3 cup chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
The Chew: Daphne Oz’s Fudgy Brownies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in oil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder and salt.
- These brownies have seven times the fiber of normal brownies because of teff flour, which is a gluten-free grain, similar to quinoa, that is ground into a flour and can be used for baking. Teff flour is available online or at your grocery store.
- Add almond meal to your baked goods for a low-carb option that also gives off a nutty flavor.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is no longer giggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lift parchment out and allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Cut and serve.