The Chew: Daphne Oz Relish
The Chew’s show focused on recipes with 300 calories or less. Daphne Oz admitted that she puts weight on easily, “so I had to figure out a good way to balance being indulgent and being healthy at the same time.” That was her idea behind the new book Relish, and she shared her Fish Tacos Recipe and Creamy Cabbage Slaw from the book to give an example of a healthy, delicious meal.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Creamy Cabbage Slaw Recipe Ingredients
- 4 cups Purple Cabbage
- 4 cups Green Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 3 Scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
Daphne Oz: The Chew Creamy Cabbage Slaw Directions
- Shred cabbage and carrots.
- Combine carrots and cabbage with onion, jalapeno, and scallions in a big bowl.
- Separately, whisk mayo with honey, lime juice, yogurt, cumin, and chipotle into a creamy dressing.
- Pour dressing over cabbage and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let marinate for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
Also, you can use this slaw in the Fish Tacos Recipe below.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Fish Tacos Recipe Ingredients
If you hate your kitchen smelling like fish, try opening a window or burn a lemon-scented candle while you are cooking.
- 1 lb Cod, quartered (substitute white fish or Chicken)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 4 cups Cabbage Slaw (see above)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Daphne Oz: The Chew Fish Tacos Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium.
- Cook bell pepper and onion, seasoned with salt and pepper, about five minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine salt, flour, and chipotle.
- Pat fish dry and dredge in flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil on medium and fry two fillets at a time.
- Fry around four and a half minutes, until fish becomes opaque.
- Flip and continue cooking to desired temperature.
- Set fillets on a plate to rest and cook remaining fish.
- In a fresh pan, heat tortillas in olive oil and plate them.
- Cut fish and divide them among eight tortillas.
- Top with vegetables, cabbage slaw, and cilantro.
The Chew: Homemade Veggie Wash Recipe
Oz also compiled some of her favorite health tips, such as the Clean 15 vs the Dirty Dozen. The Clean 15 don’t tend to absorb pesticides, whereas it’s recommended to buy Dirty Dozen produce items organically if possible.
However, you can also try Daphne’s Homemade Veggie Wash recipe to keep it clean. Use it on veggies with a skin.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle. Spray it on fruit or veggies and let sit five minutes before rinsing. Get more great advice from Daphne Oz’s new book, Relish.