The Chew: Moo Shu Chicken & Vegetables Recipe
Jessica Capshaw came on The Chew to talk a little about her character on Grey’s Anatomy and growing up as the daughter of Kate Capshaw and stepdaughter of Steven Spielberg. She also happened to help Clinton Kelly out a little with his Moo Shu Chicken & Vegetables Recipe.
Clinton Kelly: Moo Shu Chicken & Vegetables Ingredients
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets (small pieces)
- 1 cup julienned Carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 2 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce (plus more to serve)
- 3 tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Sliced Scallions to serve
- Chinese Pancakes to serve
The Chew: Moo Shu Chicken & Vegetables Directions
- Heat a large skillet over medium high with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the broccoli and season with salt.
- Toss to coat and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is slightly tender.
- If you would prefer not to julienne the vegetables (cut into thin strips), then you can buy pre-made slaw mix that includes carrots and cabbage.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Cook the garlic carefully to avoid burning it, which will result in a bitter, acidic taste.
- Toss in the peas and season.
- Drizzle in the hoisin sauce and soy and add the chicken.
- Toss to combine and coat everything in the sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve in a Chinese pancake with fresh scallions and hoisin sauce.
- Rather than served over pancakes, Moo Shu also works well over rice or tortillas.