The Chew: Chicken Francese With Clinton Kelly & Long Island Medium
On The Chew May 17 2013, Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo came on to the show to make a chicken francese recipe with Clinton Kelly and talk about some of the things that she senses as a medium.
The Chew: Chicken Francese Recipe Ingredients
- 4 large Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless and pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (cut into wheels plus wedges to garnish)
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley leaves (torn)
The Chew: Chicken Francese Directions
- Season chicken with salt.
- Whisk together flour, salt and pepper in a rimmed baking dish.
- Place eggs and water in a rimmed baking dish and season.
- Heat a large skillet with 1/4-inch of olive oil over medium-high.
- Working in batches to avoid over crowding the pan, lightly coat chicken in the season flour, dip in the egg mixture and place in the oil oil to fry.
- Pound the chicken evenly so it cooks evenly.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Flip and continue to cook on the second side until golden and crispy, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through transfer to a large serving platter.
- Drain excess oil.
- Remove half of the cooking oil.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, making sure to scrap up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in chicken stock and butter to emulsify.
- Add the lemon wheels and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and add the fresh parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.