The Chew: Clinton Kelly Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings Recipe Ingredients
Clinton Kelly said he loves making Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings at home, which is a great way to use up leftover takeout sauce packets. Also, you can get another wing idea for Clinton’s Grilled Lemon Oregano Chicken Wings.
- 1/2 lb Ground Chicken
- 1/2 lb Shrimp
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 3 Scallions
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Cooking Spray
The Chew Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings Recipe Directions
- Boil one quart of water with two cups of chicken stock in a medium pot. Reduce heat and simmer.
- In a food processor, combine shrimp, chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic, scallions, and ginger.
- Brush water on a wonton wrapper. Add a couple teaspoons of the processed mix into the center.
- Wrap up the corners to the center and press to seal. Repeat until all wrappers and filling are used.
- Put dumplings in a sprayed steamer basket. Work in batches and do not overcrowd or layer the dumplings.
- Place in heated stock pot and cover. Cook 12-15 minutes.
- Remove dumplings and rest on a serving platter.
- Serve with honey mustard or sweet and sour dipping sauce.
You can change your approach a little if you want by not sealing the dumplings so tightly, leaving some of the mixture showing. Just flatten the bottom and leave the corners loose. This is Shumai style.
The Chew: Grilled Lemon Oregano Chicken Wings Recipe Ingredients
Last up on Michael Symon’s world tour of chicken wings was a Greek-inspired grilled chicken wing recipe that you can try here. For more ideas, try his Spicy Korean Chicken wings or Mexican-Style Chicken Wings.
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings
- 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive OIl
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
The Chew: Michael Symon Lemon Oregano Chicken Wings Recipe Directions
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic bag and add chicken wings. Toss to coat and store in the fridge at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400. Turn grill on medium high.
- Spread wings on a baking tray, drizzling remaining marinade over them.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Remove and cool on a sheet tray.
- Drizzle wings with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Toss wings in seasoning to coat well.
- Place wings on grill for a few minutes on each side to get grill marks.
- Add lemon halves to the grill and leave them in place until marked.
- Remove wings and serve on a platter, with fresh squeezed grilled lemon juice.