The Chew: Chicken and Artichoke Tagine Recipe
The Chew’s Clinton Kelly made a Moroccan-inspired dish, his Chicken and Artichoke Tagine Recipe, and also a Chili Cheese Dip appetizer on the show. You can get the recipes for both and try them out yourself. Just be sure to check back in and let us know how the dishes turned out when you made them in your kitchen.
If you need help getting started with Artichokes, check out the Today Show Artichoke Advice. To do it the easy way, use frozen artichokes and throw them in at the end of the cooking process.
The Chew Chicken and Artichoke Tagine Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lb Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skinless)
- 6 Artichokes
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Green Olives
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/2 cup Mint
- Cooked Rice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Chicken and Artichoke Tagine Directions
- In a large bowl filled with cold water, squeeze in juice of one lemon. Then drop lemon into the water.
- Peel artichoke leaves back until you reach pale yellow, cutting off green tips.
- Trim and peel artichoke stems, ensuring that you remove the outer skin.
- Halve and scoop out the fuzzy artichokes using a spoon.
- Cover artichokes with a towel dipped in the lemon water to prevent them from changing color.
- Heat a heavy pot on medium high.
- Season chicken thighs as desired.
- Add olive oil to the pan, cooking the chicken thighs in batches.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about four to five minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set it aside.
- Cook onion in olive oil in your pot. Add more salt and pepper.
- After five minutes, onion should be translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Deglaze using white wine. Then add chicken stock.
- Return chicken to pot.
- Drain artichokes and discard the water.
- Add artichokes to pot. Bring to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Remove lid. Add olive, herbs, and remaining lemon.
- Cook about five to 10 minutes. Sauce should thicken.
- Adjust seasonings and serve over rice. Garnish with extra mint and parsley.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Chili Cheese Dip Recipe Ingredients
Recently, Clinton Kelly heard a dispute among two friends about an allegedly disgusting Chili Dip. To give you a more fulfilling dip idea, Clinton came up with a recipe he liked better.
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Turkey
- 28 oz Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Tortilla Chips
The Chew Chili Cheese Dip Recipe Directions
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a wooden spoon to cook the meat until dark brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and cumin, seasoning as desired.
- Cook for about five minutes; half the liquid should evaporate.
- Transfer the mix into a casserole dish and cover it with grated cheese.
- Put it in the broiler and cook until the cheese is bubbly and melted, just a couple minutes.
- Remove and let stand before serving.
- Top with sour cream and salsa, and be sure to serve this with plenty of chips.