The Chew: Weelicious Catherine McCord
The Chew’s Sweet Life episode featured a visit with former model, mom blogger, and cookbook author Catherine McCord (check out her Weelicious Lunches) to make some sweet treats that the kids can help you with in the kitchen. She said that her children love this Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts Recipe.
For more great ideas, check out Catherine McCord’s first Weelicious cookbook.
Catherine McCord: Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts Recipe Ingredients
You can do this the old fashioned way by making your own pie crust and roasting your own pumpkin. But you can also make it easy on yourself with canned pumpkin and a premade crust. There’s also not too much sugar in this treat.
Cookie cutters are great in this recipe and have a variety of uses. You can update this recipe with different fruit fillings or seasonal cookie cutters at various holidays.
- 1 package Pie Crust
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
The Chew: Catherine McCord Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts Recipe Directions
- Preheat an oven to 400 F.
- Combine brown sugar with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dust a prep surface with flour.
- Roll out pie crust to 1/4” thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out about 20 shapes, such as pumpkins.
- You can use a paring knife to carve faces into half of the shapes if you like.
- Put one pumpkin or shape (without a face) on the flour surface.
- Add a couple teaspoons of filling in the center.
- Dip your index finger in water and use it to gently brush the edge of the dough.
- Place a pumpkin or shape with a face on top and lightly press around the edges.
- Repeat this process with the leftover dough.
- Place tarts on parchment and bake them for 18-20 minutes, until they turn golden.
- Let cool before freezing or serving.
- Freeze them on a baking sheet for one hour to set them after baking.
- You can freeze these for up to three months.
Do you think your kids would enjoy this recipe? I like the idea of customizing it at different times of year. It’s almost enough to make me want to get some cookie cutters.