The Chew Dish of the Day: Cast Iron Pork Chops
The Chew’s Skillet Suppers show did some heavy duty cooking, including Michael Symon’s Cast Iron Pork Chops Recipe, which was the Dish of the Day. Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt was on hand to help with the meal.
The Chew: Jennifer Love Hewitt The Client List Review
Symon praised Jennifer’s alluring performance in promotional dance videos for The Client List, which the actress said are a lot of fun to make.
The Chew: Jennifer Love Hewitt Pole Dancing Workout
Jennifer said that she likes to stay in shape by doing a pole dancing workout. She and Carla Hall agreed that it is difficult to learn, but she had to learn the skill for her role in Ghost Whisperer. Once that helped her get in shape, she turned to it again to stay fit.
Her beauty secret is to use vanilla extract as an affordable perfume scent that men are attracted to.
The Chew: Cast Iron Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 4 Anchovies
- 1 tsp Chili Flake
- 6 cups Broccoli Rabe
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup White Wine (dry)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Michael Symon Cast Iron Pork Chops Directions
- Season pork chops as desired and let sit, refrigerated, overnight.
- Heat a skillet on medium high. Season pork chops again.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and then add pork chops, searing for about five to six minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet when done and set aside.
- In a pot, heat chicken stock and add raisins.
- Mix in anchovies with pork chops.
- Add garlic, broccoli rabe, and chili flakes. Combine well.
- Use wine to deglaze skillet.
- Cook to reduce for about one minute.
- Add butter and chicken stock to skillet. Mix well and remove garlic.
- Plate pork chops drizzled with sauce and broccoli.