The Chew: Carla Hall’s Popcorn Balls
On The Chew May 29 2013, Carla Hall’s popcorn balls recipe was a hit with the kids. Carla’s unique mix of marshmallows and pudding mix made her popcorn balls similar to s’mores. They are quick and easy to make, so they are the perfect solution when you are maybe heading to the zoo and want some snacks to carry around with you. These popcorn balls will make your and your kid’s taste buds sing.
The Chew: Carla Hall’s Popcorn Balls Recipe Ingredients
- 1 10.5-ounce bag Mini Marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups plain Popcorn
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Cereal
- 1 3.9-ounce package Instant Chocolate Pudding
The Chew: Carla Hall’s Popcorn Balls Directions
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large stock pot, melt marshmallows and butter over medium-low heat.
- Once fully melted, whisk in the pudding mix until fully incorporated.
- Pudding mix, rather than cocoa powder, thickens the mixture and sticks better to the popcorn than cocoa.
- Fold in the popcorn and graham cracker cereal until coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with non-stick spray and portion out the popcorn mixture and gently form into a ball.
- When forming the popcorn balls, coat your spatula or ice cream scoop with nonstick spray so that the popcorn doesn’t stick to your utensil. If you don’t have nonstick spray, then use butter or oil.
- Place formed popcorn balls onto the prepared baking sheet.Continue to form popcorn balls with the remaining mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Popcorn balls can be stored in the fridge to stiffen or stored in a zip top bag on the counter for a softer consistency.