The Chew: Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Carla Hall’s favorite part of the Thanksgiving menu is the pie crust. But she also combined the best of two holiday favorites, Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie, into one delicious dessert. Try her Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe this year and satisfy everyone!
The Chew guest co-host Tasha Smith joined Carla Hall to put this one together, and you will be glad she did. Who ever imagined that you could have a successful dessert mashup? For more holiday inspiration, try the Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie that Tasha shared from her mother’s kitchen.
What is your all-time favorite holiday dessert? Do you know someone who makes it the very best? Share your delicious dessert favorites by leaving me a comment.
The Chew: Pie Rolling Pointers
Use flour on the rolling pin and the prep surface to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Bang chilled dough with a rolling pin to soften it.
- Start from the center and roll out.
- Rotate dough a quarter turn between rolls.
The Chew: Carla Hall Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients
- Pie Crust (check out Carla’s classic crust recipe, and freeze dough in advance)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp soft Butter
- 3 beaten Eggs
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Whipped Cream
Carla Hall: The Chew Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll pie dough to about 1/8” thick.
- Line a pie plate with the dough and let excess drape over the edge.
- Bake the crust, lined with parchment paper and baking weights, for about 11 minutes.
- Combine butter with sugar.
- Add vinegar, salt, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in pecans with pumpkin puree.
- Pour this filling mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack after baking.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar and whipped cream.