The Chew: Cannoli Di Ricotta Recipe
The Chew’s tour of New York’s favorite culinary classics, from Junior’s Cheesecake to Little Italy Meatballs and more, had one more stop to make. Mario Batali wanted to share a recipe so you can try homemade Cannoli Di Ricotta in your kitchen, no matter how near or far you are to a New York City bakery. For a little help with the process, he invited actress Jennifer Grey to join him on The Chew.
Jennifer Grey: Dirty Dancing 25th Anniversary
Can you believe it’s been 25 years since Dirty Dancing burst onto the pop culture scene? Jennifer Grey looks as great as ever, and she was warmly greeted by the gauntlet of The Chew co-hosts. Believe it or not, her daughter hasn’t seen her in Dirty Dancing, but she did get to see Jennifer Grey’s winning turn as a Dancing With The Stars contestant.
In honor of the movie’s 25th anniversary, Skinny Cow is helping to re-release the movie in theaters. Visit the Skinny Cow Facebook page at facebook.com/theskinnycowus to find out how you can reunite with old friends and enjoy this classic dance flick.
The Chew: Jennifer Grey
Jennifer Grey is a native New Yorker, and her favorite foods include classic New York style pizza. She also said there’s something special about even the deli coffee on street corners. Jennifer also loves dining out among the countless New York restaurants, some of which are owned by Mario Batali.
But she’ll be cooking at home for herself sometime soon, because she is really craving the Little Italy Meatballs featured on the show.
The Chew: Cannoli Di Ricotta Recipe by Mario Batali
This recipe serves for at a per serving cost of $1.68.
Ingredients – Dough
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Bitter Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Limoncello
- 2 quarts Frying Oil
- Egg Whites
Directions – Dough
- Pulse ingredients in a food processor to combine.
- Wrap mixture in plastic and refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll dough evenly to flatten.
- Cut into 4” circles and roll into ovals, using a metal form to create the proper shape. Secure with Egg Whites if necessary.
- Drop shells into hot oil at 350 degrees for a few minutes, until dark and golden.
- Set aside until cool.
Ingredients – Filling
- 1 pound Ricotta
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Imitation Vanilla
- ¼ cup mini Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoons Orange Zest
- Egg Whites
- Powdered Sugar
Directions – Filling
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Place filling in plastic pastry bag (or create one by cutting the corner off a Ziploc baggie). Refrigerate.
- Stuff cooled shells with cream mixture.
- Finish with powdered sugar and serve.