The Chew Fast Recipes
Everyone has things that need to be done on Friday. You need to leave work as soon as possible, pick up the kids from school or whatever activities they are doing, and you need to do all of this while preparing a meal…somehow. Fear not, today, The Chew is giving you some recipes that you can whip up quick and take with.
The Chew: Bologna Dip Supreme Recipe Ingredients
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon (to taste)
- 12 ounces Mortadella (cubed)
- 4 ounces Robiolina
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 1 bunch Chives (finely chopped; as garnish)
- freshly ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- grilled Bread
- Pickled Onions
- Pickled Peppers
The Chew: Bologna Dip Supreme Directions
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the robiolina, mascarpone, mortadella, dijon, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Puree, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Gradually add just enough extra virgin olive oil and puree to create a spreadable consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve with grilled bread, cornichons, pickled onions, and pickled peppers.
The Chew: Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe with Tomato Toast
Garlic Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Dried Chile Flakes
- 5 Garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 24 medium Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/3 cup Dry White Wine
- juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 2 tablespoons fesh flat-leaf Parsley (chopped)
Tomato Toast Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 very ripe Tomato
- 2 Garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 1 small Ciabatta loaf
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup fresh Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
- 1 Lemon (cut into 4 wedges)
- 1 Avocado (pitted; peeled and thinly sliced)
- Sea Salt
Daphne Oz Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp with Tomato Toast Directions
Garlic Shrimp Directions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter and oil until oil glistens.
- Add the garlic and chile flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Just as garlic begins to turn golden, add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes on one side.
- Flip the shrimp and add the wine; cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the wine has reduced.
- The shrimp are cooked when they are pink all over and the centers have just turned from translucent to opaque.
- Be careful not to overcook them, or they will be rubbery.
- Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and the parsley.
Tomato Toast Directions
- Split the loaf in half lengthwise and place on a sheet pan under the broiler until the top is just turning golden brown.
- Rub each half thoroughly with a garlic clove.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and gripping one tomato half so the opening faces away from palm, rub the inside of the bread loaf thoroughly with tomato.
- Use all the tomato halves, making sure to squeeze plenty of tomato juice to soak the insides of the loaf.
- Place the toast under the broiler again, crust side down, and allow to warm through and crisp slightly
- Some areas can get a little bit dark, but avoid lots of black char.
- Cut the toast into serving sizes and plate. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- To assemble and serve the sandwiches, layer the avocado slices over each piece of tomato toast.
- Top with 6 shrimp.
- Spoon some of the garlic butter on top, season with sea salt.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, if desired, for a burst of sweetness.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice will brighten the dish just before serving.