The Chew: Extra Value Freaky Friday
The Chew co-hosts swapped roles for this Extra Value Freaky Friday show, with Clinton Kelly tackling a Blueberry Pucker Bars Recipe that would typically be Carla Hall’s domain. But the sober Hall took on cocktails this time instead. Also, the co-hosts traded personalities and mimicked one another’s quips. Keep reading, and just try to picture Carla in a Clinton Kelly wig.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Blueberry Pucker Bars Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 3 cups Blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 10 tbsp cold Butter (cubed)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Water
- Lemon Zest
Lemon Cream & Limoncello Syrup Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Lemon Curd
- 1 cup Limoncello
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Blueberry Pucker Bars Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a 9" x 9" baking dish with butter.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon zest and 2/3 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Mix egg yolk with water and add in to flour mix.
- Use hands to blend butter cubes into the mixing bowl.
- Set two cups of the mixture aside.
- Press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of your baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Combine cornstarch with blueberries, lemon juice, and the rest of the sugar.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish atop the crust.
- Spread the rest of the flour mix on top of the blueberries.
- Bake this for 35-40 minutes, until blueberries cook down and topping turns golden.
- Take it out of the oven to rest and cool to room temperature before serving.
- Whip sugar into heavy cream to form medium stiff peaks.
- Add in curd to form lemon cream.
- Reduce limoncello by half on medium high in a pot.
- Serve dessert with a dollop of lemon cream and a little limoncello syrup.
The Chew: Carla Hall Mocktail Recipes
Carla Hall was not as good at emulating Clinton Kelly, but she did whip up some amazing mocktails, which means great taste but no alcohol. She did need a few pointers with the cocktail tools, but turnabout is fair play. Her domain will always be baking.
Carla Hall: The Chew Kentucky Buck Cocktail Recipe
- Ginger Beer
- 2 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- Angostura Bitters
- Mix syrup with cayenne pepper.
- Muddle strawberries in lemon juice.
- Combine with cayenne syrup.
- Add two dashes of bitters and shake over ice.
- Strain and pour over ice.
- Fill glasses with ginger beer and garnish with strawberry.
The Chew: Carla Hall Ginger Cosmo Recipe
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp White Cranberry Juice
- Lime Wedge
- Soda Water
- Muddle ginger with a wooden spoon in a cocktail shaker.
- Add in lime juice and cranberry juice.
- Add ice to shaker and shake it all up.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Top it off with soda water and serve with a lime wedge garnish.