The Chew: Banana Cream Cheesecake
The Chew’s Carla Hall and Daphne Oz worked with actor Kyle Bornheimer to teach him how to make a Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe for dessert. Read on to find out what you need to do.
The Chew: Kyle Bornheimer Family Tools
Actor Kyle Bornheimer isn’t very handy in the kitchen. He once tried to cook pork chops on a first date and nearly burned the house down. On his new sitcom Family Tools, he’s not handy anywhere else either, and is thrust into the family repair business when his father becomes ill.
Family Tools airs Wednesday nights on ABC.
The Chew Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- 40 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 24 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 medium Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
The Chew: Carla Hall Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a 9" springform pan with butter on bottom and sides. Line with parchment and wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bring cream cheese, eggs, and milk to room temperature.
- Melt butter and reserve.
- Pulse vanilla wafers in a food processor until smooth.
- Add butter and pulse to mix.
- Line mixture in the bottom of your prepared pan, pressing down with a measuring cup or other flat tool to tightly pack.
- Bake crust mixture for about eight minutes.
- Let completely cool before moving on.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a mixer.
- Add eggs individually, fully mixing one before adding another.
- Beat in bananas with vanilla and milk to combine; do not over-mix.
- Transfer filling mixture to cooled pan.
- Place springform pan inside a roasting pan.
- Fill roasting pan with water, so the springform pan is halfway immersed.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil.
- Wedge oven door open using a wooden spoon.
- Let cake cool in oven for an hour. Then remove to a cooling rack. Let fully cool.
- Chill cooled cheesecake for at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream, banana slices, and vanilla wafers if desired.