The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Oven-Fried Chicken
Clinton Kelly remade a classic food favorite with his Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe. For those of you out there that love fried chicken but hate all of the calories that you get with it, this oven-fried alternative is for you. Get this, Clinton Kelly’s Oven-Fried Chicken recipe has half the calories of regular fried chicken. With the yogurt in the recipe keeping the meat nice and moist, this recipe is simply too good to not try out. Here are the simple ingredients you need for this recipe:
The Chew: Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Chicken Thighs with the skin on and the bone in
- 2 split Chicken Breasts with the skin on and the bone in
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt (Non-Fat)
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Hot Sauce
- 2 cups of crushed Corn Flakes
- 2 teaspoons of Oregano (dried)
- 2 teaspoons of Thyme (dried)
- Salt and Black Pepper (freshly cracked)
- Spray Olive Oil
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe Directions
- While your oven is preheating to 350 degrees, ready a baking sheet with a cooling rack inside with a spray of olive oil.
- Whisk together yogurt, honey, hot sauce and season with salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix together the corn flakes, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper in a bowl with a rim.
- Coat your chicken, one breast at a time, in the yogurt mixture. Then, dredge each breast in the cornflake mixture.
- Place each piece of chicken gently on the baking sheet as you finish breading them.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven after you have sprayed the chicken with olive oil.
- Pull away the white pieces of meat and continue to cook the dark meat until it is 165 degrees F (use an instant red thermometer for this).
- Before you serve the chicken, be sure to allow it to cool.
Also, for those of you that like a little bit of a spritzer with your meals, Clinton also showed off his Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe. The easy recipe for the cocktail is as follows:
The Chew: Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Sugar Cube. These can be 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Water
- 2 dashes of Bitters
- 2 1/2 ounces of Bourbon
- 1 strip of Orange Peel
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
The Chew: Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe Directions
- Put a teaspoon of water and a sugarcube in the bottom of an old fashioned glass.
- Crush the sugar cube with a wooden muddler to create a syrup, and add two dashes of bitters.
- Top the glass off with bourbon and ice, then stir the contents thoroughly.
- Lay an orange peel over the glass and maraschino cherry for garnish.