The Chew: Search for the Weight Watchers Chef
Ryan Hutmacher has done it again with another satisfying recipe for The Chew Search for the Weight Watchers Chef. Try his satisfying Cornbread Pot Pie Recipe from the show (or get Lisa’s Not So Fried Chicken recipe).
Ryan said he lightened up a classic comfort food by teaming up mushrooms and leeks to leave you feeling satisfied.
The Chew: Weight Watchers Cornbread Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cuts diced Carrots
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 1/4 cups fat free Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 cup cooked Green Peas
- 2 1/2 cups sliced Leeks
- 2 1/2 cups diced Celery
- 2 1/2 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Cornbread Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten free Cornbread Mix
- 1 Egg White
- 3 oz Skim Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Carrot Slaw Ingredients
- 1/4 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
Weight Watchers: The Chew Comfort-Licious Cornbread Pot Pie Recipe Directions
- Heat a skillet on medium and add olive oil.
- Put in leeks with celery, mushrooms, carrots and thyme.
- Cook eight to nine minutes, until soft.
- Stir in flour to mix it all together.
- Add milk and chicken stock and let it thicken for around four minutes.
- Next, add the Worcestershire, mustard, and celery salt.
- Last, put in the peas and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take off heat and let rest to cool to room temperature.
- Evenly divide the mixture among eight personal sized pot pie tins or bowls.
- Make the topping by mixing cornbread with egg white, olive oil, salt and milk.
- Divide dough into eight balls the size of ping pong balls.
- Press dough flat between two layers of plastic wrap to form a patty and massage it to a diameter of 5”, about 1/8” thick.
- Peel off the top layer of plastic and flip the dough over a pie tin or bowl.
- Remove the bottom layer and let dough drape over the rims.
- Tuck and pinch to secure it in place and cut a hole or two in the crust to vent.
- Bake in a hot oven at 375 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine carrot with parsley and vinegar to make a garnish served on top of the pie.