The Chew: All You Can Eat Breakfast
Clinton Kelly said that he loves to indulge sometimes on the weekends. When he is done organizing closets, or if he wakes up on Sunday with a hangover, he makes a Steak & Eggs Benedict Recipe, with easy Hollandaise sauce.
As you can see, Hollandaise does not have to be complicated. You can throw it all together in a blender (just be careful if you are pregnant and pay special attention to the eggs). Mario Batali did not seem to approve of this method, which tends to mean it would work fine for me.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Steak & Eggs Benedict Recipe Ingredients
- 1 sliced, toasted Baguette
- 8 Eggs
- 16 oz Strip Steak
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup melted Unsalted Butter
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- dash of Hot Sauce
- White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Steak & Eggs Benedict Recipe Directions
- Heat a skillet on medium high.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Oil it and place it in the hot pan.
- Cook for three to four minutes per side, until charred and medium rare.
- Take off heat and let rest before slicing.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a skillet.
- As foam subsides, crack eggs into the pan but do not overcrowd.
- Cook until whites set, about three to four minutes.
- Remove from pan and add more butter to cook remaining eggs.
- Arrange sliced steak on baguettes and top with fried eggs and Hollandaise.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients (except butter and white pepper) to a blender.
- Blend for 20 seconds on the lowest setting.
- Slowly stream butter into the mixture and season with white pepper.
The Chew: Michael Symon Jamaican-Style Bloody Mary Recipe
Michael made his wife’s favorite Jamaican-Style Bloody Mary, with the secret ingredient of Jerk Paste.
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Green Tomato Bloody Mary Mix
- Pickled Okra
- Poached Shrimp
Green Tomato Bloody Mary Mix Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Green Tomato Juice
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Paste
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 1/4 oz Green Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine mix ingredients together and chill.
- Pour vodka over ice. Fill glass with bloody mary mix.
- Shake in a shaker for up to 30 seconds.
- Return to glass, garnished with okra and shrimp if desired.