The Chew: Dule Hill The West Wing
Dule Hill made his Broadway debut at age 10 and starred in The West Wing for many years. Now you can see him on the USA comedy Psych, and Dule Hill visited The Chew kitchen to make a Spaghetti Carbonara with Clinton Kelly.
Clinton Kelly kicked off the interview by reciting most of the lyrics from “Things That Make You Go Hmm." Then he brought it back to The West Wing, and Hill said that he is still in touch with his castmates from those days.
Hill said that the walk-and-talk scenes were only intimidating if you were the last person coming into the scene, because you could screw up the shot for everyone. He also said he does not do much cooking, but would love to learn.
The Chew: Dule Hill After Midnight on Broadway
New episodes of Psych air on USA, and the characters are at a crossroads in life as they attempt to decide where they want to go next. These days, you can also catch Hill back on Broadway in After Midnight.
The show chronicles the Cotton Club floor show, a piece of Harlem history, and the cast includes Fantasia Barrino and a troupe of fantastically talented musicians.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Ingredients
This Spaghetti Carbonara is a step up from mac and cheese for Hill, who was excited to expand his repertoire in the kitchen.
Start with the eggs at room temperature. Use the bacon fat to make your sauce creamy, and the pasta water will prevent eggs from overcooking.
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb diced thick sliced Bacon
- 4 room temperature Eggs
- 2 cloves sliced Garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Directions
- Boil a pot of generously salted water.
- Heat olive oil on medium low in a skillet.
- Crisp the bacon for a few minutes.
- Add spaghetti to the water, cooking one minute under box directions.
- Save one cup of cooking water as you drain the pasta.
- Combine cheese with eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper; mix with a bit of pasta water.
- Add garlic to bacon and cook until aromatic.
- Toss pasta in the skillet and coat everything well.
- Take off heat.
- Add egg mixture. Stir until creamy.
- Mix in pasta water as needed.
- Serve with parmesan.