The Chew: Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Fennel + Pomegranate, Pecorino
While in the kitchen with Michael Symon, Mario Batali wanted to help viewers come up with a different side dish to try around the holidays this year. While Michael prepared his Crispy Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter and Sage, Mario wanted to share a lighter recipe. His Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Fennel with Pomegranate and Pecorino is more than good enough to become your new go-to salad recipe. Surprise your friends and family with this fresh take on a healthy dish, to lighten up the dinner spread.
To get the recipe, click next page.
The Chew: Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Fennel + Pomegranate, Pecorino Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts – sliced thin
- 3/4 C pomegranate seeds
- 1 head fennel – bulb shaved thin, cored, fronds roughly chopped
- 1/4 C parsley leaves
- 1/2 C Pecorino cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
The Chew: Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Fennel + Pomegranate, Pecorino Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl, add the shaved fennel and fronds (bright green sprigs), parsley leaves, Brussels sprouts, and pomegranate seeds, then toss
- Add the drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with Pecorino and toss