The Chew: Pool Party
Do you want to kick back by the pool even though it’s still wintertime? The Chew got us in the spirit of summer with one of Michael Symon’s favorite easy grilled meals, a Grilled Clams Recipe.
This clams recipe is a good idea for a light lunch, or you could serve it as a side dish with a bigger dinner meal. Substitute your own favorite sausage in place of the Chorizo, but stick with a smoked sausage, Michael suggested. To keep the heat lower, skip the jalapeno.
If you want to make this in the oven, just preheat it to 500 degrees. That means you could enjoy it any time of the year, whether or not you have a pool or outdoor grill. Try making a fancy animal shape out of your foil package if you want to show off for your guests.
The Chew: Michael Symon Grilled Clams Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lb cleaned Little Neck Clams (or use Cherrystone Clams)
- 1/2 lb sliced dried or smoked Chorizo
- 1 sliced Jalapeno
- 12 oz White Wine
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 sliced cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- crusty Bread
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Grilled Clams Recipe Directions
- Preheat your grill on medium high.
- Spread out four pieces of foil.
- Divide clams, chorizo, jalapenos, tomatoes, garlic, wine, butter, and olive oil among the foil sheets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crimp and seal all four corners of each foil package together.
- Place on the grill, lid down, for about nine minutes, until clams are open.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil and toast on the grill.
- Serve bread with clams.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Mango Daiquiri Recipe
What’s a day by the pool without a fantastic frozen drink? Check out Clinton’s Mango Daiquiri before or after dinner.
- 2 oz Light Rum
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Ice
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup diced Mango
- Lime Wheel
- Blend ingredients.
- Serve garnished with lime wheel.