The Chew: Gavin DeGraw Greatest Hits Album
Michael Symon whipped up a great Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread recipe with the help of international superstar Gavin DeGraw. Gavin also came by to talk about his new greatest hits album Finest Hour: The Best of Gavin DeGraw.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this great Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread recipe below!
The Chew: Michael Symon Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup creamy-style peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted, salted, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
Michael Symon: The Chew Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together the peanut butter and butter.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and once again continue to beat. Finally, add in the flour mixture and beat until well incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and peanuts and then form the dough into a disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Line a baking with silicon and scoop 1-inch balls of the dough onto the sheet, leaving a few inches between them. If Gavin DeGraw is in your kitchen, don’t let him do this part. He’s a terrible scooper. He’s much better at stirring.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light golden brown around the edges and nice and gooey in the center.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool to room temperature.
- Make sandwiches with two cookies and a rounded tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread in between them. Press them together lightly to make sure the filling spreads throughout the cookie so you have some nice goodness in every bite. Gavin DeGraw was excited to do this part, so probably other members of your family will be, too. He said this was the best sandwich he’d ever had.
- Enjoy! If you really love peanut butter, you could fill them with peanut butter instead, or if you’re feeling more summery, add some marshmallow.