The Chew: Feel Good Food
The Chew celebrated Feel Good Food with a delicious Arroz Con Pollo Recipe from Mario Batali, as well as a delicious batch of Winter Sangria. Mario suggested choosing organic chicken and vegetables whenever you can. But even if you can’t, this will still be a delicious recipe that is almost impossible to screw up.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Winter Sangria Recipe
This is a great winter drink that goes perfectly with any hearty meal.
- 1 cup Brandy
- 1 sliced Orange
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup Club Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 halved, sliced Apple
- 2 bottles chilled Dry Red Wine
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- Stir brandy with cinnamon, orange, apple and sugar in a pitcher.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Pour in club soda, wine and orange juice.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Pour over ice.
The Chew: Mario Batali Arroz Con Pollo Recipe Ingredients
Now it’s time for the main course. Here’s how you can put this classic Latin dish together. Keep in mind that you can customize it with your own favorite vegetables, like fennel, leeks, sweet potatoes, or whatever you like. Just make sure that you observe the proper cooking time. Long grain rice is also a key to success, preventing mushiness.
- 3 3/4 lb Chicken pieces
- 1 chopped Spanish Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 1/2 cups White Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 dried Bay leaf
- 1 chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Olives
- chopped Cilantro
- chopped Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Jalapeno Aioli Ingredients
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1 minced Jalapeno
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Mario Batali: The Chew Arroz Con Pollo Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven on medium high.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Brown on all sides for about 10 minutes and let rest on a plate.
- Pulse garlic, pepper, and onion in a food processor to chop.
- Add to pan and pour in more oil if necessary.
- Caramelize for a few minutes. Add sweet and smoked paprika.
- Mix in tomato paste and let cook to a dark color.
- Toast white rice in the mix for a couple minutes.
- Use white wine to deglaze.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Add olives, bay, and saffron.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer.
- Cook, covered, for 15 or 20 minutes, to cook rice to al dente.
- Whisk aioli ingredients together, streaming in the olive oil last.
- Serve dish with cilantro, parsley, and aioli.