The Chew: Candies and Cookies and Cakes!
Mr. Chocolate, Chef Jacques Torres, joined The Chew crew to make a perfect chocolate cookie on the Candies and Cookies and Cakes episode. How does a mostly fat-free Flourless Walnut Chocolate Cookie sound?
Torres announced that he and his wife are expecting a daughter, who is due in January or February 2015. The couple is excited, but what if the baby does not love chocolate? Torres joked that maybe they could address this problem with therapy if necessary.
The Chew crew surprised their guest with an early baby gift with a chocolate theme. He loved the gift.
The Chew: Jacques Torres Cookie Dessert
This is a flourless cookie, and the only fats come from chocolate and walnuts. That is because there is no butter or oil in this dish.
For more advanced bakers, you could create an edible cookie stand by coating shortbread with chocolate. That seems much more difficult than they made it look on TV!
The Chew: Jacques Torres Flourless Walnut Chocolate Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups Dark Chocolate pieces
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Jacques Torres: The Chew Flourless Walnut Chocolate Cookie Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Crush walnuts and chocolate pieces using a rolling pin or mallet.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix in egg white.
- Once well mixed, add walnuts and then chocolate pieces.
- Add vanilla and salt, stirring well as the batter thickens.
- Let it temper so that it has a shiny look.
- Use a small scoop to form dough into balls.
- Place them on a prepared baking sheet, spaced apart because they will expand as they bake.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 F, or until golden brown.
- Torres said these are best the next day, so let them refrigerate after baking and enjoy them later, if you think you can wait that long!