The Chew Plating Game
The Chew revived its Dating Game segment, the Plating Game, and bachelor contestant Jesse Morris won the face-off to prepare this Honey Sesame Teriyaki Chili Baked Salmon Recipe with a broccoli mash dish dish for bachelorette Lauren.
The Chew: Spicy Healthy Salmon
Jesse, a quadruplet and runner, was in the kitchen to cook this mashup meal with Mario Batali. He said he always starts with soy sauce when he is making salmon, and reminded everyone that a little sesame oil can go a long way. Chilis and Sriracha help to add some heat to this healthy meal (if you like more spice, add Sriracha again at the end as a garnish!).
Broccoli is a superfood vegetable that doesn’t have the bad reputation it maybe used to. Don’t be afraid to steam it a few minutes longer so it’s extra soft when you puree it. The side dish sounds like a fabulous menu item all on its own. Lauren said that broccoli is her favorite vegetable, which is fun because it’s versatile.
The Chew: Honey Sesame Teriyaki Chili Baked Salmon Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 minced tbsp Red Chili Pepper
- 2 tsp toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 skin on Salmon Fillets
- 2 tsp Dark Sesame Oil
- 2 juiced Oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped Scallions
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Cooking Spray
Broccoli Mash Ingredients
- 3 bunches Broccoli
- 1 cup low fat Ricotta Cheese
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Honey Sesame Teriyaki Chili Baked Salmon Recipe Directions
- Combine marinade ingredients. Add salmon, cover and chill in the fridge for about two hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Spray a baking sheet.
- Remove salmon from marinade and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes, to desired texture.
- For the broccoli mash, steam broccoli in boiling water.
- Saute garlic in butter and olive oil.
- Blend broccoli with garlic oil, ricotta, salt and pepper to a mashed potato consistency.