The Chew: Donald Faison
Donald Faison is a star in movies and TV, and he is currently seen as Phil in The Exes on TV Land. He brought a beach ball to The Chew’s pool party episode, where he teamed up with Carla Hall and Daphne Oz on this Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Recipe.
Faison said that his wife Casey is not the cook in their couple, but they balance each other out. He likes to grill baby back ribs or sausage, and now he has another menu idea to add to his repertoire. The couple are proud parents of a six-month-old son, Rocco.
The Chew: Donald Faison The Exes
Faison gets to play opposite Leah Remini in The Exes on TV Land. The show has its season finale on Wednesday, February 26. A fourth season is coming to the cable channel later in 2014. Have you seen the show yet?
The Chew: Daphne Oz Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Recipe Ingredients
Shrimp don’t have to marinate for more than about 15 minutes at the most. Be sure not to overcook shrimp, which can cook quickly. Carla Hall said you can tell a pineapple is ripe if the inner leaves on top come out easily. You never know what you might learn about food from The Chew crew.
- 1 lb cleaned, deveined Shrimp (tails on)
- 2 tsp ground Toasted Coriander
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Pineapple in chunks
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Juice of 2 or 3 Limes
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 sliced Scallions
- Salt & Pepper
Daphne Oz: The Chew Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Recipe Directions
- Preheat your grill or griddle on medium.
- Combine coriander with red pepper, sesame oil, and liquid state coconut oil. Salt and pepper.
- Toss in shrimp and coat them before threading them on skewers.
- Combine orange juice, pineapple, honey, and salt.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Grill pineapple three or four minutes to lightly char and caramelize.
- Grill shrimp two to three minutes per side, to opaque.
- Garnish skewers with scallions and lemon juice and serve.