The Chew: Sweet Casserole
“There is no easier way to feed a hungry crowd than with a casserole," Daphne Oz promised as she whipped up a Sweet Potato Apple Casserole Recipe, using Almond Breeze milk.
Using plenty of lemon will help to balance out the sweet flavor of the apple. Try not to get as many seeds in the mix as Daphne did. Leave the skin on the apples for added fiber and some texture (plus, it’s a time saver).
The Chew: Almond Breeze Reduced Sugar Vanilla Almond Milk Review
Daphne Oz also did a commercial for reduced sugar vanilla Almond Breeze, with 60 calories per cup and 30% less sugar than the regular vanilla from this brand. You can substitute almond milk for dairy milk in almost any recipe.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Sweet Potato Apple Casserole Recipe Ingredients
If you don’t want to blend up your own baked sweet potato, look for sweet potato puree at the store (or substitute pumpkin puree!). Remember, the quinoa is uncooked. This dish could work at breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert.
- 2 diced Tart Apples
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sweet Potato Puree
- 2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup rinsed, uncooked Quinoa
- Cooking Spray
Daphne Oz: The Chew Sweet Potato Apple Casserole Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a baking dish.
- Toss apples with spices and lemon juice.
- Whisk sweet potato puree with eggs, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Fold apples into the mixture.
- Spread quinoa in the bottom of a dish.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Pour sweet potato mixture on top.
- Bake about 50-55 minutes until set.
- Serve warm.