The Chew: Three New Ways To Love Chocolate
It doesn’t take much to make chocolate the star of something tasty and delicious. The Chew crew, with guest host Curtis Stone, worked together to make some tasty treats using ingredients they had on hand. Try this Hot Chocolate & Ice Cream Floats, Chilled Hot Chocolate, and Chocolate Trifle Recipes for a quick and satisfying dessert.
The Chew: Curtis Stone Hot Chocolate & Ice Cream Floats Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Almond Liqueur
- 4 oz chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 pint Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
- In a saucepan, combine milk with sugar and almond liqueur.
- Simmer on medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl and set it over the saucepan, stirring to melt.
- Whisk chocolate into hot milk and keep warm.
- Whisk cream into soft peaks.
- Scoop ice cream in a bowl.
- Pour hot chocolate over ice cream and top with whipped cream.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Chilled Hot Chocolate Recipe with Caramel Sauce
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- grated Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Simmer milk in a saucepot.
- Whisk in sugar with chocolate and dissolve.
- Pour into a heatproof glass and serve over ice.
- Make the caramel in a saucepot, combining sugar and water on medium.
- Cook until sugar melts.
- Whisk in butter.
- Remove from heat. Count to three and add cream.
- Whisk together and watch as it foams.
- Drizzle sauce over hot chocolate before serving.
The Chew: Michael Symon Chocolate Trifle Recipe
- 10 Graham Crackers
- 2 cups prepared Brownies, in chunks
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Marshmallows
- 1 cup prepared Chocolate Pudding
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted, salted Peanuts
- Line a trifle dish with a bottom layer of brownie chunks.
- Add a layer of chocolate pudding.
- Sprinkle the crumbs of six crushed graham crackers over the pudding.
- Top with whipped cream and roasted peanuts.
- Arrange marshmallows on four graham crackers on a baking sheet.
- Broil 30-60 seconds, until marshmallows are lightly charred.
- Serve brulee marshmallows over the trifles.