The Chew: Pork Quesadillas & Beef Sandwich
On The Chew, Daphne Oz whipped up a great Braised Pork Quesadilla recipe with leftovers from Mario Batali’s Braised Pork Butt recipe. Later on in the episode, Michael Symon made a Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich recipe.
Check it all out below!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Braised Pork Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Whole-Wheat Tortillas
- 1 cup Leftover Cooked Pork Butt
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Leftover Spaghetti Squash (Optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For The Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 Orange (Juice and Zest)
- 1 Lime (Juice and Zest)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 cup Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Jalapeno (ribbed, seeded and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Daphne Oz: The Chew Braised Pork Quesadilla Recipe Directions
- Spread out the braised pork butt on half of a tortilla, with some butternut squash on top. Finish by adding the cheese.
- Heat some oil in the pan on medium-high heat and fold it over, with the cheese layer on the bottom. Let it go for about 1 minute until it gets golden brown on the outside and then flip it.
- Serve it with Daphne Oz’s creamy sauce on the side, which you can make by blending together the yogurt, cumin, honey, jalapeno, zest and juice of the lime and orange, and salt until well-combined.
The Chew: Michael Symon Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 4 pound Boneless Prime Rib Roast
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Au Jus Dipping Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Low Sodium Beef Stock
- 12 soft Italian-Style Hoagie Rolls
Spicy Celery Giardiniera
- 1 pound Celery (peeled and sliced thin on a bias)
- 1/2 cup Jalapenos (thinly sliced into rings)
- 2 tablespoons Fresno Chiles (thinly sliced into rings)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds (toasted and ground)
- 1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 4 ounces Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 ounces Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Michael Symon: The Chew Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Start by making the Spicy Celery Giardiniera in advance by mixing the ingredients together and refrigerating it for 24 hours. Michael said this concoction is what gives this sandwich some wonderful texture, brightness, and acidity.
- Next, combine the rub ingredients and mash them together with a mortar and pestle. Season the roast with pepper and the rub on all sides. Place roast in a large bag in the fridge for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Then take it out of the fridge and let it rest for about 2 hours to take out the chill.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the prime rib in the oven for 30 minutes on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Then without opening the oven, lowering the temp down to 325 degrees. Keep roasting until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees inside, about 50 minutes.
- When it’s done, put it on a cutting board and tent it with foil. Keep the thermometer in while you let it rest for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is about 130, the perfect medium rare.
- Slice the beef thinly and then put back into the roasting pan. Add the beef stock and scrape all of the bits off the bottom. Keep pan warm until it’s time.
- Cut the hoagie roll almost in half, leaving one side connected like a hot dog bun. Add the beef and the giardiniera to the sandwich and use the warm jus from the pan as a dipping sauce.