The Chew: Big and Rich
Country superstars Big Kenny and John Rich, better known as Big and Rich, came by The Chew to talk about their new album Gravity and in honor of their appearance, Carla Hall whipped up a meal inspired both by her hometown of Nashville and New York City. Check it out below!
The Chew: Carla Hall Music City Steak with Green Beans Recipe Ingredients
- 4 New York Strip Steaks (About 10 ounces each and 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/3 cup Tennessee Whiskey
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Smashed)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Chile Flakes
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- For the Grilled Green Beans
- 1 pound Green Beans
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Grated)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Carla Hall: The Chew Music City Steak with Green Beans Recipe Directions
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the marinade by combining the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, whiskey, Dijon mustard, and chili flakes. Pour it into a zip-loc bag along with the steak. Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. But any longer than 8 hours and you’ll have a problem on your hands, because the whiskey and the soy suace can break down the steak and really ruin it if you leave it in for too long.
- Remove steaks from the fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling and let them come to room temperature. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade, shake off excess, and season well with salt and pepper. Cook steaks about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer depending on your preferred doneness. Try not to flip more than once, because you want a nice sear on there. When steaks are done, let rest 10 minutes under foil.
- Meanwhile, start making the green beans. Toss the green beans with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl, making sure to coat evenly.
- Cook green beans on the grill for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and Dijon mustard in the same bowl you just had the green beans in. Then add the finish green beans and toss, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.