Baby Shower Appetizers: C&C Baby Food Factory
For Daphne Oz’s baby shower, Clinton Kelly and Carla Hall prepared some tiny hors d’oeuvres, from the C&C Baby Food Factory. Check out these baby shower-sized Cucumber Sandwiches and Chicken Salad Puffs.
The Chew: Carla Hall Baby Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
The key to success with this sandwich filling is to let the ingredients come to room temperature first.
- 8 oz room temp Goat Cheese
- 4 tbsp room temp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp minced Parsley
- 10 slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 4 oz room temp Cream Cheese
- 1 minced clove Garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh Dill
- 6 washed, sliced Persian Cucumbers
- Salt & Pepper
- Use a mixer to combine garlic with butter and all your cheeses.
- Work in dill, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a container and chill. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Drain cucumber slices on a kitchen towel or paper towel to remove water.
- Smear spread on half the pumpernickel slices, shingling cucumbers on the other half.
- Put them together, cheese side down.
- Trim crusts and quarter the sandwiches.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Baby Chicken Salad Puffs Recipe Ingredients
This is a cream puff shell type dough, and you can serve it up using two spoons if you don’t want to mess with a complicated piping bag.
- 1 cup Water (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 7 Eggs (+ 1 Yolk)
- 5 tbsp cubed Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp chopped Tarragon
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped Walnuts
- 3 cups diced Rotisserie Chicken
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Baby Chicken Salad Puffs Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare two baking sheets.
- Combine a cup of water with cubed butter, salt and sugar in a pot. Simmer.
- After butter melts, add flour and whisk out lumps.
- Remove dough from the pan once it forms a ball.
- Add one egg at a time, beating it fully into the dough before adding the next.
- Spoon out 1" balls of batter, spacing them 1 1/2" apart on the baking sheet.
- Use water on your fingertips to shape the tops if you need to.
- Whisk the extra egg yolk with two tablespoons of water.
- Brush this egg wash on the top of each puff.
- Bake 20 minutes, until glossy and golden.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Store for up to a few days, if you wish, in an airtight container.
- Crisp in the oven for a few minutes before using them.
- Combine chicken salad ingredients in a bowl and chill until ready to use.
- Slice puffs in half and scoop some chicken salad onto the bottom half.
- Serve at room temperature.