The Chew: Almond Breeze Breakfast Recipes
Daphne Oz used Almond Breeze to make two delicious breakfast ideas on The Chew: Cinnamon Toast Pancakes and a Cherry Lime Smoothie. She said you can substitute almond milk in any recipe where you would otherwise be using milk.
How can you make perfect pancakes?
- Just remember not to over mix the batter, so that your pancakes are light and fluffy.
- Pour the batter straight into the center of the pan for uniform cakes.
- Wait until the pancake has bubbles popping all over its surface. Flip low just one time.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Cinnamon Toast Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 separated Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cooking Spray
Spiced Maple Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
Daphne Oz: The Chew Cinnamon Toast Pancakes Recipe Directions
- Heat syrup with spices in a saucepan.
- Preheat a griddle to medium high.
- Combine almond milk with egg yolks and melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk flours with baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add in almond milk mix, but do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. add to batter.
- Prepare griddle with cooking spray.
- Ladle a 3-oz portion of batter onto the griddle.
- Let cook until bubbles have popped on top.
- Flip and cook on opposite side, until golden.
- Keep warm as you prepare the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with spiced maple syrup.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Cherry Lime Smoothie Recipe
Don’t have time for pancakes? Here is a to-go recipe using Almond Milk for a quick and healthy low calorie breakfast.
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1/2 sliced frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup washed Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen Cherries
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Combine ingredients and blend to preferred consistency.
- Serve garnished with lime.