Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Vegan Recipes
Robin Quivers joined Rachael Ray to show off some of her food swaps and healthy vegan recipes from her brand new cookbook, The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life. Quivers recently shared her cancer recovery story with Dr Oz, and she brought a few tasty samples to Rachael’s kitchen, including a Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Cheese Sauce, which both get their creamy consistency from cashews!
Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Ingredients
This cream of mushroom soup is creamy but contains no dairy products. It is a completely vegan soup, relying on cashews for creamy texture and spices for amazing flavor.
- 1 lb cleaned, sliced Mushrooms
- 3 cloves sliced Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup washed, chopped Leeks
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2/3 cup raw Cashews
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Robin Quivers: Rachael Ray Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a pot.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, leeks, fennel seeds, thyme, bay leaf, and coriander seeds.
- Saute the ingredients for about five minutes, until the mushrooms get soft.
- Mix in cashews, water/stock, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove thyme and bay leaf.
- Puree this soup in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Adjust consistency if needed by adding more stock or water.