Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Vegan Recipes
Robin Quivers joined Rachael Ray to show off some of her food swaps and healthy vegan recipes from her brand new cookbook, The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life. Quivers recently shared her cancer recovery story with Dr Oz, and she brought a few tasty samples to Rachael’s kitchen, including a Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Cheese Sauce, which both get their creamy consistency from cashews!
Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Ingredients
This cream of mushroom soup is creamy but contains no dairy products. It is a completely vegan soup, relying on cashews for creamy texture and spices for amazing flavor.
- 1 lb cleaned, sliced Mushrooms
- 3 cloves sliced Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup washed, chopped Leeks
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2/3 cup raw Cashews
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Robin Quivers: Rachael Ray Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a pot.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, leeks, fennel seeds, thyme, bay leaf, and coriander seeds.
- Saute the ingredients for about five minutes, until the mushrooms get soft.
- Mix in cashews, water/stock, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove thyme and bay leaf.
- Puree this soup in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Adjust consistency if needed by adding more stock or water.
Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Zucchini & Squash Summer Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp fresh Oregano leaves
- 2 Yellow Summer Squash
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper
Robin Quivers: Rachael Ray Zucchini & Squash Summer Pasta Recipe Directions
- Gently ribbon the zucchini and squash lengthwise to create thin ribbon pieces with a vegetable peeler.
- Stop when you get to the seed layer. Then rotate and work on another side of the pasta.
- Continue this until all that’s left of the squash and zucchini are seeds.
- Toss the fresh vegetable ribbons with the remaining ingredients.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes to meld flavors.
- Serve this fresh and healthy salad.
Rachael Ray: Robin Quivers Vegan Creamy Cheese Sauce Recipe
Once again, the secret ingredient for Robin Quivers when it comes to creamy sauce is Cashews. Check out this fake-out Cheese Sauce.
- 1 cup raw Cashews (rinse and soak overnight in 1 1/2 cups water)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Puree cashews in a blender with their soaking liquid and other ingredients.
- Achieve a smooth consistency and adjust water as needed.