Rachael Ray: Dressed Up Chicken Breast
Guest host Emeril Lagasse told the audience that he and Rachael Ray always get chicken breast recipes, and this Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken recipe takes things to another level, with a perfect trick for Hasselback Potatoes.
Rachael Ray: What Are Hasselback Potatoes?
Hasselback Potatoes are sliced almost all the way through and they open up like accordions as they bake. Using a skewer makes them “hassle-free” by preventing you from cutting all the way through by mistake.
Rachael Ray: Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Recipe Ingredients with Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 scrubbed, dried Roasting Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 cloves chopped Garlic
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped, toasted Walnuts
- 12 slices Speck Smoky Ham
- 3 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 10 oz frozen, defrosted, dried chopped Spinach
- 1 beaten Egg Yolk
- Lemon Wedges
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Recipe with Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Skewer three potatoes on each of two skewers, toward the horizontal bottom instead of in the middle.
- Cut thin slices down to the rod through each whole potato.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast 20 minutes so potatoes begin to open at slices.
- Mix garlic with rosemary and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle over potato slices and roast another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and wrap in foil to retain heat. (Reduce heat to 350.)
- Melt butter in a skillet and toast panko to light golden.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Toss toasted panko with parsley and half the Parmigiano.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and pound them to 1/4” thick.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Combine spinach with walnuts, ricotta, egg yolk, nutmeg, the rest of the cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Fill each breast with cheese filling and close them.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap Speck around each chicken piece.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a skillet.
- Brown chicken for a few minutes per side.
- Roast chicken for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Slice chicken and serve with Hasselback potatoes, garnished with parsley, cheese and breadcrumbs.