Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Desserts
Rachael Ray kicked off an entire month of slow cooker recipes, with some help from Emeril Lagasse and her food stylist, Grant, who offered a Slow Cooker PBJ Cheesecake Recipe and a bonus recipe for Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies.
Emeril said that he was impressed with Grant’s ideas for slow cooking, and you can get Lagasse’s own ideas in the book Cooking with Power.
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker PBJ Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 sleeve Graham Crackers
- 3 tbsp cubed Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape Jelly
- 1/4 cup Salted Peanuts
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker PBJ Cheesecake Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray and line it with foil.
- Pulse peanuts with graham crackers coarsely in a food processor.
- Add butter and pulse to incorporate.
- Line graham cracker mix in the bottom and sides of the loaf pan.
- Parbake for 10 minutes in the oven and let cool.
- Prepare filling by combining peanut butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar in a mixer, scraping as needed.
- Add in eggs to make the filling fluffy.
- Warm jelly in the microwave just enough to get it to melt.
- Pour 1/3 of the filling into the loaf pan.
- Drizzle in 1/3 of the jelly.
- Continue in layers until ingredients are used.
- Swirl layers together using the back of a knife.
- Pour three cups of water into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on low and place pan inside.
- Cover the top of the slow cooker with paper towels and secure them in place with the lid.
- Let cook for four hours and do not remove the lid while cooking.
- Take finished cake out of slow cooker and chill to cool.
- Remove cake from pan using foil.
- Serve with toppings such as peanuts, whipped cream, and strawberries.
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
Try this bonus recipe to make a favorite chocolate dessert without the mess!
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup mixed Chocolate Chunks
- Prepare a slow cooker with aluminum foil lining and cooking spray.
- Make brownie batter by following box directions.
- Add chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low for three hours.
- Cook without the lid for the final 30 minutes to get a crunchy texture on top.
- Spread with chocolate hazelnut before serving.