Rachael Ray: Whiz With Cheesesteak
Geno from Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia joined Rachael Ray to share one of his hometown restaurant classics. There’s no denying there’s quite a bit of debate over who makes the best Philly Cheesesteak. Geno believes that his “Whiz With” Cheeseteak is the best of its kind, and made it on Rachael’s show in an attempt to prove it. Whether it’s the best is a matter of personal opinion, but it can be said without controversy that the sandwich is a tasty one! Grab some napkins and prepare to dig in!
To get the recipe, click next page.
Rachael Ray: Whiz With Cheesesteak Recipe Ingredients
- 7 oz thinly sliced ribeye meat
- Kraft Cheese Whiz – to your liking
- 1 Italian Roll (soft center, crispy crust)
- 1/4 C of white or vidalia onion
Rachael Ray: Whiz With Cheesesteak Recipe Directions
- Heat a griddle or saute pan and add a drizzle of oil and a spray of cooking oil
- Add the onions and cook over low heat to caramelize
- While the onions cook, cook the cheese whiz in a small sauce pan over low heat
- Remove the onions from the pan and set aside
- Add the ribeye to the hot griddle and cook for about 90 seconds per side, until done
- Spread cheese whiz on one side of the roll, then add the onions
- Stuff the roll with meat and serve