Rachael Ray: Healthy Waffle Recipe
Waffle Week has been a blast, and Rachael Ray is not done yet. She prepared a Falafel Waffle Recipe, and you can also try her Huevos Rancheros Taco Waffle. You are never going to look at your waffle iron the same way again after this week!
Rachael said this Falafel Waffle is her healthiest waffle offering of the week, so if that’s something important to you, here you go. Falafel is one of the most perfect street foods, in my opinion. The fact that you can easily make it mess-free in a waffle maker is just one more reason to love it.
Rachael Ray: How To Measure Falafel Waffle Batter
Rach said to use an ice cream scoop to evenly measure the batter, using one scoop per section of the waffle iron. Remember that Tahini is very thick, so you will need to use the water to help make it more saucy in consistency.
Rachael Ray: Falafel Waffle Recipe Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cup Falafel Mix (10-oz. box or bag)
- 1/2 cup chopped Chickpeas (drained and pulsed)
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 clove pasted Garlic
- Warm Water
- Salt & Pepper
Salad Topping Options
- chopped Tomatoes
- chopped Pepperoncini
- shredded Romaine
- sliced Red Onion
Rachael Ray: Falafel Waffle Recipe Directions
- Turn waffle iron on medium high.
- Combine ingredients for falafel batter.
- Let sit to combine flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Pour evenly into the hot waffle iron.
- Close the lid and cook for about five minutes.
- Combine tahini with lemon and garlic in a bowl.
- Add just enough water to loosen; salt and pepper.
- Remove waffle and transfer to a plate.
- Toss salad topping ingredients together and place over waffle.
- Drizzle with tahini sauce and serve.