Rachael Ray: Pretzel Roll Burgers
You may be surprised to know that you can find some mouthwatering Pretzel Rolls at Whole Foods, which Rachael Ray said she discovered by accident. Burgers are another casual food that are perfect for an informal party. Now you can assemble this information into Turkey Paprikash Burgers on Pretzel Rolls.
Rachael Ray: Creme Fraiche & Paprika Burgers
Creme Fraiche gives the dish a creamy taste, and Rachael said that classic paprikash was her inspiration for these patties. Adjust the paprika to your preference, whether it’s sweet or spicy. Rachael said that using a cast-iron skillet will give burgers perfect caramelization and a bit of a crust, especially if it’s not grilling weather outdoors.
Patties plump when you cook them, and forming them thinner at the center but thicker at the edges will help to ensure even cooking as well as the perfect texture. Once again, Rachael recommended the Triple X Cheddar from Oscar’s Smokehouse in New York state.
Just remember to fully cook turkey burgers, because they are poultry. (I guess you could always use another form of protein if you prefer.)
Rachael Ray: Turkey Paprikash Burgers Recipe Ingredients on Pretzel Rolls
- 2 lb ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 or 3 cloves chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 6 Pretzel Rolls
- 6 slices Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated Onion
- 3 tbsp Creme Fraiche (or use Sour Cream)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Romaine Hearts
- Brown Mustard
- Tomato slices
Rachael Ray: Turkey Paprikash Burgers on Pretzel Rolls Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Preheat a griddle on medium high.
- Combine meat with garlic, spices, parsley, and creme fraiche.
- Score meat into even sections and form into six patties, thinner at center than edges.
- Prepare the griddle or cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Cook patties about 11 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Melt cheddar on burgers during the last minute or so of cooking time.
- Brush rolls with water and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake rolls for about three minutes; remove from oven and split in half.
- Serve burgers layered with your choice of toppings.