Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Suppers
Who doesn’t love a good slow cooker meal? Rachael Ray invited Stephanie O’Dea back on the show with another meal from her 365 Slow Cooker Suppers book. This time, she shared her Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos Recipe.
O’Dea’s first Rachael Ray appearance was six years ago, and then she made a year’s worth of dishes that turned into a cookbook. There are plenty of easy and family-friendly meal ideas throughout her book.
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder
“This is such an economical recipe," Stephanie promised. A frozen pork shoulder will come to live and makes its own juices. This dish would work with bone-in or boneless pork shoulder or pork butt. Color equals flavor, so be sure you are browning the roast before you throw it in the in Crock Pot.
Alternately, you could make this in a dutch oven by putting it in your oven on the lowest setting for the duration of the cooking time. Honey and chipotle make this salty and sweet. For a gluten-free choice, avoid chipotle in adobo; use ground chipotle instead.
Rachael Ray: Stephanie O’Dea Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 4 1/2 lb Pork Shoulder
- 4 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 peeled, sliced Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 diced Avocados
- 4 cups shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 cups grated Cheese
Stephanie O’Dea: Rachael Ray Crock Pot Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos Recipe Directions
- Rub meat with salt and pepper.
- Brown on high heat in a skillet on all sides.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Caramelize garlic and onion. Remove from heat.
- Whisk coriander, chipotle, honey, cumin, and orange juice in with garlic and onion.
- Pour over meat.
- Add cinnamon stick.
- Cover and cook, on high for five hours or on low for 10 hours.
- Shred meat using two forks.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve in corn tortillas with choice of accompaniments.