Rachael Ray: Crock Pot Chili
I love slow cooker foods, so I’m thrilled that it is Slow Cooker Month on Rachael Ray’s show. Check out this Sweet & Spicy Chicken Chili Recipe (and try some Crock Pot Desserts as well!).
Spices give this meal some smoky flavor, and toasting the spices with your meat can give it a nice crispy taste. One thing I love about using the Crock Pot is that it’s convenient, because you can throw some ingredients together in the slow cooker and just let it go until it’s time to eat.
For this chili, the sweetness comes from honey and nutrient-dense sweet potatoes. Remember, you can adjust the heat of your chili by keeping the seeds and ribs (for extra spice) or leaving them out (to keep it mild).
Rachael Ray: Olympians’ Favorite Meals
Rachael had some Olympians in the kitchen for this show. Dorothy Hamill said she is fond of a new Bison Chili that she learned from a friend. Brian Boitano said he likes to make a Braised Pork Shoulder in pineapple juice.
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Chili Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 2 chopped Onions
- 1 bottle Lager Beer
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 minced Red Onion
- 2 lb Ground Chicken (or use Ground Turkey)
- 1/2 tbsp ground Cumin
- 2 peeled, diced Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cloves chopped Garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Fresno Chili
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Chili Recipe Directions
- Heat oil on medium high in a skillet to brown the ground meat for about six minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir spices into the meat and cook another two minutes.
- Pour meat into a slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, beer, vinegar, chicken stock, chili pepper, and a touch of honey.
- Cook on low for six to eight hours, or cook on high for just four hours.
- Top chili with cilantro and lime juice.
- Garnish with sour cream and onion.