Rachael Ray: $5 One-Dish Dinners
You can keep your family dinners on a budget, according to viewer Erin Chase. She put together a cookbook of ideas called The $5 Dinner Mom: One-Dish Dinners Cookbook. She spent some time in the kitchen with Rachael Ray and guest host Nick Lachey. Try her Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken Recipe and get a Slow Cooker Chicken Soft Tacos meal.
Chase said that she got motivated in 2008, because her family was getting by on one income and gas prices were on the rise. She was able to cut her grocery spending in half, and then she started sharing the ideas with others.
Rachael Ray: Erin Chase Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 6 quartered Red Potatoes
- 2 lb bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 1 diced Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb stemmed Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Erin Chase: Rachael Ray Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken Recipe Directions
- Crush rosemary sprig leaves with a knife.
- Place them around the bottom edges of your slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the Crock Pot.
- Spread potatoes over chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Set on low and cook eight hours.
- With one hour left, add green beans on top so they steam.
- Serve all ingredients together.
Rachael Ray: Erin Chase Slow Cooker Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe Ingredients
“Who doesn’t love taco night?” Erin wondered aloud. I know I do. Chase’s advice was to take advantage of meal planning and stock up on sales for chicken breasts or thighs, freezing the extra.
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 12 oz bag frozen Pepper and Onion blend
- 1 cup shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- 1 10 oz can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 8 soft Tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Erin Chase: Rachael Ray Slow Cooker Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe Directions
- Combine chicken with tomatoes/chilies (and juices), onions, peppers, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Set on high and cook about four hours, or cook for eight hours on low.
- Once chicken is cooked, drain liquid and shred meat.
- Serve tacos in tortillas with meat, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream.